Subject: postgres and plpgsql
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Byron Servies <bservies@pacang.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/05/2004 00:08:13
Hi there!

Thought I would let you all know that the problem with
from pkgsrc is due to a set of  "if defined(__mips__)" blocks
in the "dynaloader.c" file that removed the calls to dlopen,
etc., and instead print the message I was seeing and returned
failure.  I haven't tracked it down, but this is probably
due to an overzealous patch somewhere.

Changing these lines to "ifndef HAVE_DLOPEN" and rebuiling,
not only does the database run and load the language, the
regressions tests end up with failures in just 2 areas.
Note that the regression tests appear to require the
plpgsql language and so probably would not run before.

I will sendpr this tomorrow, but I was very happy and
thought I would share this experience.

Byron