Subject: Another Newbie trying to install on a Qube2700
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Henning Schmiedehausen <hps@intermeta.de>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/19/2003 12:51:18
Hi,

I have two (pretty dusty) Qube 2700 WG standing around here for ages. I
stumbled over the NetBSD port a while ago but 1.5.3 had no chance to
install on my Qubes. Now I saw that 1.6.1 might support the 2700 CPU and
I re-tried installing BSD on them. I have no serial board connected to
them but according to what I've read on this list and first hand
experience I seem to suffer from the "blinking link LED" problem which
means that my Qubes are not able to access the internal network
interfaces and reset the onboard NIC all the time without getting
anywhere. (this is much further than I got with 1.5.3, which hung right
after loading the kernel.. :-) ).

There was some talk on this list about a fix in the PCI code / interrupt
routing in -current but as I have no other NetBSD box handy I'm not able
to cross-compile a new kernel myself.

So: Is there any hope for me or must I wait until the next BSD release
and that some kind soul will again provide install disks for the Qube?

	Regards
		Henning

"Außerdem können in Deutschland alle Englisch. [...] so entfällt die
Notwendigkeit [...] Deutsch zu lernen."
            -- Johan Micoud auf die Frage warum er kein Deutsch spricht.
                   (http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/0,1518,273205,00.html)