Subject: Re: Question on the Qube 2700?
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Dennis Chernoivanov <cdi@orcsoftware.spb.ru>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/20/2003 18:27:06
On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 07:53:27AM -0700, Brandon Shiers wrote:
> Has anybody got NetBSD installed on a Qube 2700?  I have tried but have no
> luck.  I get the restore CD and can boot off it on my i386 PC.  I get that
> system up and then netboot the Qube.  It says net booting, and then the
> screen goes blank and the link light on the nic goes on and off, on and
> off.  The HDD is a virgin HDD (well right now I'm running the Qube restore
> CD).  Everything is jumpered right.  Per some previous posts this year on
> the 2700, it looks like the box is loading the kernel and trying to build
> /dev.

 I fear this is what Ray Dekens has reported quite a while ago. That is, the
kernel fails to initialize Tulip card properly. The driver times out during
setup saying "filter setup and transmit timeout", then re-initilizes the card
and tries the same thing again, this is why nic leds are blinking. I suspect
interrupt setup and/or handling is broken for 2700, but we have not succeeded
in fixing it yet.

 I also wonder if anyone got 2700 to work.

SY,
--cdi