Subject: Network routing on 1.6.1
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Randy Carpenter <rcarpen@rune.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/17/2003 02:16:41
I have been using 1.6 on my Raq2+ for a while as my router. I just
installed 1.6.1 on a new hard drive to use, and I cannot get networking to
work properly. I have 2 interfaces. tlp0 is the main interface, and it
works properly. tlp1 is the second interface, and it also works properly.

The issue is that I cannot get it to route the devices that live behind it
on the second interface out the main interface.

Also, I noticed was that my ipf rules that worked before no longer
do. If I put my /etc/ipf.conf in place, I get this on startup:

2:ioctl(add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor
3:ioctl(add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor
4:ioctl(add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor
5:ioctl(add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor
8:ioctl(add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor
(etc... for every line)

Does anyone have any ideas as to what changed in the upgrade to 1.6.1 that
would cause both of these to not work?

thanks,
-Randy