Subject: None
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: None <bellp@oit.edu>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/15/2003 17:51:58
I have a mips based cobalt server, which I believe is either a Raq1 or
Raq2 (the cpu is a Nevada 1.0 based mips chip according to /proc/cpuinfo
in Linux), and I cannot get the recover disc (I tried both ISOs for 1.6.1)
to work... I booted the cd off of an i386 machine, and the cobalt server
net booted successfully from there, and I watched from the terminal as it
booted until it reached "starting local daemons:" and then it just sits
there... I left it on overnight and nothing changed the next day... The
LCD display still says "Preparing the installation...".  Am I doing
something wrong?  Any help would be much appreciated, as I've never used
NetBSD but I'm very interested in switching over because of the support
NetBSD has for my Raq server.