Subject: resend: bootloader in 1.6.1 and a couple of other things.
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Spam Sucks <spamsux9999@yahoo.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/11/2003 08:10:14
Dennis (or anyone else who can answer):

I used the 1.6 CD to do my initial install, and have
done crossbuilds to keep up-to-date with 1.6.1.  Is
there a way I can switch to the bootloader method (I'm
currently using /altroot/boot) with this setup without
reinstalling?

Also, two more things in response to previous threads:

1)  I may be jinxing myself here, but my uptimes have
been great (no crashes at all, except for once when I
did something stupid after I enabled paneld support).
I get occasional pmap_unwire messages, but they're few
and far between.  There's fairly heavy load on the
system from time to time, but generally not a lot of
stress.

2)  If you folks get a chance, please take a look at
http://www.cryptonym.net/qube/update.html -- I'd
appreciate any feedback on the crossbuild process.

Thanks,

S.