Subject: Re: help with new kernel, system boots only partly !
To: Frank Mattes <f.mattes@ucl.ac.uk>
From: Rodrigo Fernandez-Vizarra <Rodrigo.Fdz-Vizarra@infonegocio.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/10/2003 20:13:20
Hi Frank,

Yes, that's because the lcd driver is not included in the netbsd kernel
source ... I don't know where to get it but I can help you with the
procedure to restore the original kernel.

When you boot you and get the "no such device address press return ot
enter pass of the shell" type the root password and the type

# mount -u -o rw /

This will change the root filesystem to read-write and you'll be able to
restore your old kernel or any other thing you want to do as try to
disable the lcd. There will by probably an entry in /etc/rc.conf that
enables the lcd, if you comment it out you can try your new kernel with
netatalk support, if it works then you can locate the lcd driver and
install it.

Hope it helps,
Rodrigo