Subject: Re: has the generic kernel already support for netatalk
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Mattes <f.mattes@ucl.ac.uk>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/10/2003 10:29:38
Dear John,

I think if you need the webserver/fileserver getting up and running quick,
compared the original linux / netBSD port in terms of stability. In
my experience both are similar.

My personal advise
keep the linux coablt if
you just need basic samba/netatalk/webhosing
no need for extra applications
you can live with the 10 Gbyte hard drive

if you need
more applications
active developed port
better security
larger disk

then I think you have no option, you have to get netBSD running
This is just my personal opinion.

Frank

PS: does someone know if the original install cd recognizes larger drives ?

--
Frank Mattes, MD			e-mail:	f.mattes@ucl.ac.uk
Department of Virology			fax	0044(0)207 8302854