Subject: how to set up the network manually
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Mattes <f.mattes@ucl.ac.uk>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/07/2003 20:57:44
Finally I have re-installed 1.6.1 on a Maxtor diamond 9 80 Gbyte
drive. It took a while to figure out that the jumper of the drive
should be master rather than cable select.
The cobalt should pick up all the network parameter from our Our
MS$$$$ dhcp server - but he doen't.

I know I have to put the ip number of the cobalt into /etc/hosts, but
I can't remember where the gateway (router), DNS server ip address
and the netmask (255.255.248.0) goes.

I really should, but it's a long time since I did a netBSD installation.

It would be from great help if someone could give me the list of
files which I have to edit

Many thanks

Frank