Subject: Re: raq1 installation from recovery-cd
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Boris Ruppert <bobo@sideburns.dyndns.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/06/2003 15:12:27
On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 10:35:05AM +0100, John Allan wrote:
> No, it prepares the disk.

That's nice ;)

> That looks to me that it is just the CD booting in your PC. [ no No swap
> space configured = because it is a CD it cant write to it ].
>
> Therefore I am guessing that you have not even fully booted the PC never
> mind installed on the Raq.
>
> Have you ever got to a Root prompt? Or inserted tip qube command? [ you are
> using a qube install right? ]

I tried booting the cd in my pc and my laptop. the NIC in my pc is a 3com 905TX
and . i tried it with a cross cable and a straight one connected to my switch
(i stopped dhcpd on another machine in the network).
The cd should be fine, the iso i downloaded has the correct md5sum and i get a root-promt on the pc after booting.

I did not try "tip qube", i try to install a cobalt raq1.

bobo

--
Boris Ruppert --- bobo@sideburns.dyndns.org