Subject: upgrading to 1.6.1 (is there a cd?)
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Chas Posinoff <wkm00jtd02@sneakemail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/02/2003 04:25:13
Hello all --

Can someone please advise me on the best way of upgrading a newly
installed-from-"restore"-cd 1.6 system to the latest patch release?

Is there any good reason not to do this for a production machine?

I have scoured the documentation to no avail;  I get conflicting
information about building from source (1), and then told that it is a
binary upgrade using sysinst and building from source is not a good idea
at all. (2)

1 - http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/updating.html
2 - from any other architectures "INSTALL" document since we don't have
one.. for example see:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6.1/alpha/INSTALL.html#Upgrading%20a%20previously-installed%20NetBSD%20System

Alas there is not a sysinst tool on the cobalt port  - so how do I do
it? And who else has upgraded? Any problems?

Chas

p.s. Many thanks to cdi for the installation media! Can we have a 1.6.1
iso please?