Subject: Re: qube 2700 "recovery CD" install help
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Dennis Chernoivanov <cdi@mawhrin.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 04/10/2003 22:28:04
On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 04:57:46PM -0700, Michael Francini wrote:
> I have noted that the qube seems to receive some data from my CD-server
> and then it sits there quietly, no net activity and no changes in the
> "net booting" LCD readout.  If I leave the qube alone, the LCD screen
> eventually blanks and the Ethernet link led will start cycling on-off.

 ...which means I guess that the kernel has successfully booted off the CD and
has initialized the LCD driver. I'd also guess that Ethernet led is blinking
while /dev is being created; it may take awhile. Once this is done, the system
will resume the bootstrap process, and eventually installation status should
appear on the LCD screen.  I'd suggest to let the box run for another 5-10
minutes and see what happens.

> 2) is this CD meant to work with a Qube 2700 (1)?

 Yes it should work, but it's never been tested with 2700.

> 3) Does the CD NetBSD work with my server- pc (seems to look ok, all the
> daemons are up and so is the interface, not to mention the fact that the
> Qube is getting something and is then stalling/crashing).

 The kernel seems to boot off the CD, so obviously your hardware is ok. It's
really hard to tell what's wrong without console output :(

SY,
--cdi