Subject: compiling kernel on Qube 2
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Liam Bedford <lbedford@netnoteinc.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/31/2002 15:36:35
--=.d3U:8wqeVdej1=

hi,
	I'm trying to get a realtek 8139 based ethernet card to work in the qube beside me.
It is picked up in the boot sequence, but it's unconfigured.

I got the sources for the kernel using sup with the following settings:
current release=allsrc host=sup2.fr.netbsd.org hostbase=/home/sup/supserver \
base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix compress

current release=doc host=sup2.fr.netbsd.org hostbase=/home/sup/supserver \
base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix compress

current release=pkgsrc host=sup2.fr.netbsd.org hostbase=/home/sup/supserver \
base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix compress delete

when I tried to recompile the kernel, I got a message about:
config: ../../../../arch/something missing

I recompiled config, at which stage that ran okay.

but make depend died complaining about mipsel or no not being there.
make also failed.

I started to make world, but that seemed a little excessive to get a new kernel. I suspect
the source I have is -current, and that is where the problems are coming from.

So, where can I find the 1.5.2 kernel source, or does someone have a pre-compiled
Qube kernel with IPFilter, GATEWAY, and either 8139 or 3c905B support?

Regards
L.
--
     dBP   dBBBBb | If you're looking at me to be an accountant
              dBP | Then you will look but you will never see

--=.d3U:8wqeVdej1=

--=.d3U:8wqeVdej1=--