Subject: Re: lcd driver
To: Ted Unangst <tedu@stanford.edu>
From: None <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/26/2001 22:38:50
> +/*
> + * This is complete fakery.  I don't know where it's
> + * attached, but we can ping it directly.  If it's there,
> + * we mark it present, but have to tell the system it's not.
> + */

the lcd is Device3 on the "Ad"-bus (memory + local devices) of the Galileo
MIPS system-controller, nbsd "sees" "Ad"-bus plus "SysAd"-bus (CPU) together
as "mainbus0" and you really can make the display(-controller) attach to
mainbus0

the default address mapping, that Cobalt didn't change, of the local
devices is:
Device0		0x1c000000	(used for leds)
Device1		0x1c800000	(unused afair)
Device2		0x1d000000	(used for buttons)
Device3		0x1f000000	(used for lcd control-port)

use the MIPS_PHYS_TO_KSEG1-macro....