Subject: Re: cobalt qube: install without cable
To: Matthew Luckie <kluckie@ihug.co.nz>
From: Ted Unangst <tedu@stanford.edu>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/08/2001 22:59:13
On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Matthew Luckie wrote:

> in Ted's howto is says to put dhclient=YES in rc.conf (well thats how i
> interpreted his howto, point 5).
>
> with that in place dhclient will drop the NFS connection when it comes time
> to use dhclient which is a problem, as dhclient needs some files on the NFS
> server - "shooting your own foot"

Guess so.  It's a work in progress.  ;)  But thanks for working it over.

as to disklabel [next mail]:
I had trouble getting it right.  You can try copying down the exact sector
start and ends of each partition, then shuffling it around.  If you get it
precisely right, it has a chance of working.  And if you get it wrong,
it's always possible to reinstall.  I had to reboot and mess around with
it several times before I got the disklayout right, but that was trivial
compared to netbooting.

--
"First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club.  And second,
what can I say?  I'm a night owl."