Subject: Re: install docs [was: Re: Im sorry but how do you get started]
To: NetBSD-Cobalt <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: None <rthille@gte.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 05/22/2001 21:59:41
I was having trouble with the Qube2 when plugged into one particular
ethernet cable, but not another. I tested the cables, and they were both
fine with a different machine.  It turned out that the one cable the Qbue2
didn't like was plugged into a 10-Base-T hub, and the one that worked was
plugged into a 100-Base-T switch. Does NetBSD not handle auto-sensing on
the Qube2?

Here are the errors I was getting:
tlp0: receive error: CRC error
tlp0: receive error: dribbling bit
tlp0: receive error: CRC error
tlp0: receive error: CRC error
tlp0: receive error: CRC error
tlp0: receive error: CRC error
tlp0: receive error: CRC error
tlp0: receive error: CRC error
tlp0: receive error: CRC error

Robert

--
Robert Thille  N-34*26.064' W-119*48.352' Santa Barbara CA 93111-2533
rthille@earthling.net     http://home1.gte.net/rthille/HomePage.htmld