To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: None <thh@marketchannel.tv>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/02/2001 18:09:01
--=_alternative 000C1A75882569C9_=

haaaalllp!!

I could really use some help on this install. My previous post was not
answered. I've started from scratch since then and stalled at the same
spot.

So far I've netbooted and tried various incarnations of partitions and
filesystems with the same or worse results.

I've read through the all of the port-cobalt mailing list archives and a
few of the other port mailing lists for info on how to continue with the
installation of netBSD 1.5 on my Qube2 but I'm still stuck when trying to
set up the correct disk partitions and disklabel that will allow my Qube
to boot on its own.

Please redirect me if this is not the proper forum for these questions. I
would post to the installation or newbie lists but this doesn't seem like
a problem that would be experienced by many.

So here it goes:

How should the disk be partitioned. If I follow the cobalt port FAQ
correctly, the boot partition needs to be a Linux ext2 Filesystem on wd0e.

Or does the boot partition need to be on wd0a? The FAQ says the boot path
cannot be changed. I take that to mean the it will always look for the
kernel in the same location. OK, then it jumps to the Real kernel. Uhmmm,
where would that be? In /stand? Do I need to re-partition my drive? How do
I disklabel my drive correctly? What am I missing besides install
experience with netBSD.

thh@marketchannel.tv
1 877 780 2468        pager
1 310 649 6161        fax
--=_alternative 000C1A75882569C9_=

thh@marketchannel.tv</font>
1 310 649 6161 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;fax</font>
--=_alternative 000C1A75882569C9_=--