Subject: gcc and cobalt
To: port-cobalt@netbsd.org <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Frederic GILLIERS <fredg@DotCom.FR>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/11/2000 10:11:41
Well, I don't know if it is really the best place to post this message
but... Any help would really be nice (I tryed the gcc-help mailing list,
no one answeared)

I need to build a cross-compiler from i386 to a NetBSD cobalt.  If
anybody has already done this and can help me...

I checked gcc faq and howto, but I still can't make it. Everithing seems
to go smoothly for the binutils but I can't build gcc.

I used :
-- binutils 2.9
-- gcc-2.95.2
-- newlib-1.8.2

I used the target : "mips-unknown-elf"
The binutils configure and compile smoothly.

gcc seems to configure with :
../gcc-2.95.2/configure  --with-gnu-as=/usr/tmp/gcc-mips/bin/mips-unk
nown-elf-as --with-gnu-ld=/usr/tmp/gcc-mips/bin/mips-unknown-elf-ld
--target=mips-unknown-elf --prefix=/usr/tmp/gcc-mips/

but when I do a "make cross" or a "make all" the compilation process
exits with  "xgcc installation error : cannot exec mips-tfile"

I tryed to compile directly this file  (I found an entry in a Makefile)
but it then says it does not find the a.out.h file.

I've been stuck here for two days now, I'll really appreciate any help.

Best regards