Subject: Re: aceride0: couldn't map native-PCI interrupt
To: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@dokein.co.uk>
List: port-cats
Date: 02/25/2007 15:17:53
On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 18:43:33 +0000 (GMT)
Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> > Stephen Borrill wrote:
> >> Hi, I'm trying to boot -current netbsd.able-INSTALL with ABLE 2.21. It
> >> boots to sysinst, but I've got no HD/CD because of "aceride0: couldn't
> >> map native-PCI interrupt".
> >>
> >> Any ideas?
> >
> > I'll pull down current and take a look.  My first guess would be that
> > the code in cats/pci/pciide_machdep.c isn't being run with the aceride
> > driver.  That said I've not looked at the code for some time.
>
> If it's any help, this is an ABLE vs Cyclone issue. Cyclone 1.30 is fine,
> but ABLE is not.

Only a month after I said I'd take a look, I finally setup my cats, and have them working (one booted saying 300 days since last boot, the other 573...)  I can't even claim the 7 months since I moved house as the reason.

Anyway it looks like ABLE has changed something, Updating one of my machines to v2.21 the hard disks don't map.  With v2.08 it was working fine.

Perhaps ABLE is no longer mapping interrupts as it used to.

I'll wire up a serial cable and see if I can find out more about what's going on.

First I need to sync down the latest -current code and build a new kernel, so it might be a day or so till I investigate further.

Thanks,
Chris