Subject: Re: bluetooth on cats
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@dokein.co.uk>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: port-cats
Date: 09/12/2006 20:19:57
On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Chris Gilbert wrote:

> On Mon, September 11, 2006 6:32 pm, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    I dont have any cats hardware to test (indeed, I'm not sure what the
> > cats hardware is :) but I have successfully cross-compiled a cats kernel
> > with bluetooth added. Is it ok to commit the attached patch to enable it
> > in the GENERIC kernel?
>
> In principle it sounds sensible to do so.  Although I have to admit that
> I'm not sure if anyone will use it on a cats box, but you never know.
>
> My only minor concern is if it pushes the kernel size over ~4MB that any
> cats running cyclone firmware will fail to boot the kernel.  That said
> I've no idea how big -current GENERIC kernels actually are, I really need
> to tidy up my computer room and get the cats plugged back in.

Hm, yeah:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 plunky  wheel  5311262 Sep 12 19:28 netbsd

Ok, how about if I add it but commented out, so that at least if somebody
picks up the GENERIC file they can see that it should be possible?

Though, that only cuts it down to:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 plunky  wheel  5222293 Sep 12 19:53 netbsd

whereas the INSTALL kernel (which I didnt add anything to but it does have
some stuff commented out) is:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 plunky  wheel  4803662 Sep 12 20:10 netbsd*

and I think tweaking would be necessary in any case..

iain