Subject: Re: bluetooth on cats
To: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@dokein.co.uk>
List: port-cats
Date: 09/12/2006 11:31:46
On Mon, September 11, 2006 6:32 pm, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> Hi,
>    I dont have any cats hardware to test (indeed, I'm not sure what the
> cats hardware is :) but I have successfully cross-compiled a cats kerne=
> with bluetooth added. Is it ok to commit the attached patch to enable i=
> in the GENERIC kernel?

In principle it sounds sensible to do so.  Although I have to admit that
I'm not sure if anyone will use it on a cats box, but you never know.

My only minor concern is if it pushes the kernel size over ~4MB that any
cats running cyclone firmware will fail to boot the kernel.  That said
I've no idea how big -current GENERIC kernels actually are, I really need
to tidy up my computer room and get the cats plugged back in.

Thanks,
Chris