Port-cats archive

Re: Cats help

Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:

Could someone give me some assistance in booting an eb110 board. The board is running Cyclone 1.30 firmware which it came with but I can't get it to boot from the CD drive. I have tried using the following boot commands and nothing seems to work:

boot cd0
(It just hangs at this point)

boot cd0:/netbsd
(I just get no file or directory errors from this)

I thought it might be worthwhile to upgrade to the latest ABLE 1.97 firmware but I can't figure out how to accomplish this. There don't seem to be any instructions that really help very much. I put the firmware file, eb110atx-flash-197.bin, on a CD-R and tried to boot from it using the same format:

boot cd0
boot cd0:/eb110atx-flash-197.bin

Persistence has finally paid off. The following commands allowed me to upgrade to ABLE 1.97:

load cd0:/
boot cd0:/

After reading some in the archives, I discovered that the catscd.iso from the NetBSD ftp site does not have an install kernel in the root of the filesystem. I then created my own install CD with netbsd.aout-INSTALL in the root. I then issues the following commands in ABLE:

load (cd0)netbsd.aout-INSTALL
boot (cd0)netbsd.aout-INSTALL

Installation is now proceeding. I hope everything works from here on out.

Bryan