Subject: Re: Various cats problems
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@dokein.co.uk>
From: Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
List: port-cats
Date: 05/06/2004 13:26:31
On Tuesday 04 May 2004 23:33, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> On Tue, 04 May 2004 23:14:00 +0100
> Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> > (All this is with a Cyclone firmware, but I don't know if that's
> > relevant or not -- I'm disinclined to go to ABLE since there seems to
> > be no easy route back again afterwards).
>
> I believe you can go back from ABLE to Cyclone, but Nick mentioned some
> issues with ABLE...

You sure can and I did recently. ABLE didn't like my ffs partitions on my
harddrive (invalid magic number), but was ok booting of a cd. I used the CD
boot to re-flash back to cyclone firmware.

I've opened a Simtec Incident #112 for my ffs problem.

I have another problem now in that trying to boot a netbsd-2-0 install kernel
fails with

	no file system for md0 (dev 0x1200)

*sigh*

Nick