Subject: Re: Various cats problems
To: None <port-cats@NetBSD.org>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: port-cats
Date: 05/05/2004 09:33:25
On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 11:14:00PM +0100, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> - Booting a non-standard kernel (eg at the firmware prompt typing boot
> wd0:/testnetbsd.aout) seems to lead to the console being dead once
> bootstrap is complete (you can type in the name of the root file system
> and init program, but you can't login afterwards).

I've seen this too, and (prompted by der Mouse on port-sparc, IIRC),
changing KBD_DELAY from 'DELAY(8)' to 'DELAY(16)' in sys/dev/ic/pckbc.c
seems to solve the problem.

I wonder if something like the following could be done to allow ports to
tweak this:

#ifndef KBD_DELAY
#define	KBD_DELAY	DELAY(8)
#endif