Subject: Re: pciide flags
To: Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
From: None <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
List: port-cats
Date: 04/17/2002 18:29:34
skrll@netbsd.org wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 April 2002 5:58 pm, rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk wrote:
> > skrll@netbsd.org wrote:
> > > On Wednesday 17 April 2002 4:25 pm, rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > I believe this is your problem. See
> > >
> > > http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=10502
> > >

> > I don't think it is exactly the same, unless some change has made
> > the problem in that PR happen all the time.
> >
> > The point is that the kernel from the 20020121 snapshot won't boot
> > on my system. I presume that someone tried it after building it, so
> > I would like to work out what is different.
>
> I'm fairly certain I ran this for a while with no problems. I'd download the
> kernel and try it, but I'm not near my CATS atm.
>
> BTW, if you've got a fast machine you can build a snapshot yourself using
>
> 	build.sh -m cats -R ... -D ...
>
> it'll be ELF as well.

I don't want to build a snapshot, I just want to try out a CATS kernel
built from my development tree.

When that didn't work I thought I would try a pre-built kernel. The fact
that it doesn't work either makes me think that it isn't my modified source
that is broken, but instead something strange about the machine
configuration.

Robert Swindells