Subject: Re: ISA Sound cards cause machine death
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-cats
Date: 02/11/2002 22:15:35
> > Start to play an audio file, eg with audioplay.
> >
> > Machine plays file, but
> >
> > - Network locks up,
> > - start to get io errors on the disk
> > - eventually machine completely hangs
>
> I get very similair effect when running X on my cats (so I don't).

I wondered if it might be.  It's a real pain not having the X server
working - I'd like to make my Cats board into my main X console (since it
has the most memory/has the fastest video etc), but until I can get that
going I'm stuck.

>  I suspect
> it relates to port-cats/10502:
> http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=10502

Hm, interesting.  Yes these could all be related.

> Which seems to be a case of the interrupt handling is really messed up, and
> eventually it can cause lockup.  I was talking to Jason, see if the new irq
> handling he's done for xscale would work better for cats.

I'll have a poke around, the shark has always had ISA interrupts, so maybe
that will provide a clue...

R.