Port-bebox archive

Re: Bebox revives

On 11-Feb-2008 KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:
> In addition, it knows the correction of the loader of bebox to be necessary
> for another reasons.  Because the screen breaks, the boot cannot use VGA.

On prep, the loader self-relocates.  You could also just link the kernel at
0x100000 and probably load it just fine.

I'm not sure if any of that will fix your vga problem.  What state does the
prom leave VGA in before it attempts to execute the loader?

Also, I've mentioned this to Jaime too, but I have been working on a unified
prep/rs6000/bebox mkbootimage binary, in powerpc/stand/mkbootimage that should
be easier for users to use, as I combined the elf2pef, gzip and mkbootimage
steps all into one step.  (it's based on the prep one).  Eventually I want to
switch all three ports over to using that. However, when writing it, I'm not
sure if I properly dealt with the loading issues around 0x3100, so it might
need some work.

As it stands, prep and rs6000 can probably switch to it, I just haven't figured
out how I want to do the makefile goo for it yet.  For bebox, it makes images,
I just don't know if they work or not.  :)

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/