Re: Box drawings char support on x68k and atari kernel for sysinst

> > If there are so many softwares that require G1/G2/G3 and
> > we want to utilize them on these tier-II ite ports,
> > maybe the right way to go to switching to MI wscons(9),
> > rather than remodeling ancient 4.4BSD derived wheels.
>
> I mean, that should be the goal regardless...

Well, this reminds me your past word "quite time consuming"..
 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sun3/1996/06/24/0001.html

The essencial problem is that wscons(4) lacks
(but ancient x68k ite(4) still supports):
- ISO-2022-JP multibyte support
- EUC-JP support (currently broken but will be fixed soon after my changes)
- displaying Japanese character using the X680x0 on-board Kanji CG-ROM

If we have never be able to reach the reasonable goal for >25 years,
I think we should rather consider acceptable and implementable compromise.

Thanks,
---
Izumi Tsutsui