To: <dross%pobox.com@localhost>
Cc: <abs%NetBSD.org@localhost>; <tjamaloo%gmail.com@localhost>; <port-atari%NetBSD.org@localhost>; <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2009 7:02 PM
Subject: Re: netbsd-4 install

David Ross wrote:

Ok, I did an install with the kernel and sysinst from
http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/atari-4.0_STABLE-20090103/. It installs great (up until the bootloader issue of course). No issues during
MAKEDEV, so that bug is confirmed fixed.

I know David had also done some work to get his changes into netbsd-4. This
could be duplicative, so you may want to check that any submitted changes
don't somehow conflict.

Fortunetely /bin/df entries in the list files are different lines
so cvs(1) will merge them without conflicts.

One thing I noticed...  The netbsd-4 kernel in
http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/atari-4.0_STABLE-20090103/ is
several hundred KB smaller than
http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/netbsd-ATARITT-4.0_STABLE-20081231.gz.
Probably not an issue, just seemed strange to me.

Maybe because the formar was built with the build.sh script and
native netbsd-4 toolchain (4.1.2?), and the latter one was
with HEAD toolchain (the latest 4.1.3) by hand?

I guess gcc always becomes more aggressive ;-)
---
Izumi Tsutsui