To: <tjamaloo%gmail.com@localhost>; <dross%pobox.com@localhost>
Cc: <port-atari%NetBSD.org@localhost>; <abs%NetBSD.org@localhost>; <jdc%coris.org.uk@localhost>; <f.g.lukas%web.de@localhost>; <mhitch%montana.edu@localhost>; <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>
Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 11:02 PM
Subject: Re: Current kernel with http://gnats.netbsd.org/39965 and pmap patches

David Ross wrote:

Yeah, Tsutsui's kernel below boots and loads sysinst properly.  Does this
one have the same same changes to test? I have not tried using this one to
do an install yet.  It's a little easier for me to use the ATARITT kernel
since it has networking support, but I can try the install with this one
using a spare CD-ROM if necessary.

Major diffrences between ATARITT (or FALCON) and BOOT
which might affect pmap changes are:
- kernel size (due to many MI options)
- options SERCONSOLE
- options RELOC_KERNEL
- options MSGBUFSIZE

I guess the last two items require some special handling
during pmap initialization. (conversion between PA and VA etc.)
---
Izumi Tsutsui