Re: Current kernel with http://gnats.netbsd.org/39965 and pmap patches

Tuomo wrote:
> It seems that gcc4 cause troubles with NetBSD 4 kernel. Gcc3 version does not
> freeze when probing SCSI devices and there's no long delay when keyboard is
> probed.
>
> Reading all installation sets from IDE drive work with NetBSD 4 gcc3 kernel
> and
> copying files from IDE to SCSI worked without troubles.

Okay, then we have to fix gcc4 issue on netbsd-4 before tracking
wdc/dma issue on the HEAD. Maybe our sources might have some problem,
rather than gcc4.

gcc4 is so aggressive on optimization and strictly requires C99
that variables lacking volatile or statements which are invalid
or undefined in C99 scope could be removed during optimization.

The major changes between netbsd-4 and HEAD are:
(a) MI softintr(9) and yamt-splraiseipl merge
(b) MI todr(9) and timecounter(9)
(c) bus_space_handle_t type change (char * -> u_long)
(d) caddr_t purge

I'll check sources around (a) and (b) again.
---
Izumi Tsutsui