Re: Current kernel with http://gnats.netbsd.org/39965 and pmap patches

tjamaloo%gmail.com@localhost wrote:

> I used NetBSD 3 based kernel that you posted on port-atari:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-atari/2008/07/21/msg000038.html

Oh, I didn't subscribe port-atari at that time and I didn't notice
your follow up...

> IDE worked with that kernel (at least I was able to install base.tgz, etc.tgz
> and comp.tgz sets from IDE drive),

There were many changes around software interrupt code so
the sicallback function is no longer invoked so much, I guess.

> but NetBSD 3 kernel without patches panicked
> with IDE based errors.

What panic on which version?

There was some missed stuff on MI wdc API changes against wdc_mb.c
and it was pulled up to netbsd-3 branch after 3.1 release.
(see PR port-atari/37464)

> I can try wdc_mb.c with ATAC_CAP_NOIRQ enabled and claim_hw/free_hw hooks
> removed.

If it works with NOIRQ flag and without hooks,
I think it's okay to commit the changes.
---
Izumi Tsutsui