Re: Falcon panics, DEBUG & ST_POOL_SIZE (Was: Testing sysinst.fs)

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 12:09 AM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:
>        Tuomo - do you have a spare disk onto which you could test an
>        install on one of your Falcons?

Yes, I tested installation on my spare disk. First problem occured with
disklabel:
disklabel -w -f /tmp/disktab sd0 'DK326C-10     '
disklabel: ioctl DIOCWDINFO: device not configured

I had to restart computer and installer and I used existing partitions, no
problems with disklabel this time ...

After making file systems, installboot displayed some information and one
error: installboot: cannot stat /netbsd, no bootversion check done

Ok, no showstoppers yet, but when I choosed to use umounted fs as a source for
installation sets (I have them in my IDE drive) mount command failed:
/sbin/mount -rt msdos /dev/wd0e /mnt2
mount_msdos: dev/wd0e on /mnt2: invalid argument

I was able to use NetBSD 2.1 miniroot.fs for installation, so I checked how
mount command is used with NetBSD 2.1 miniroot:
mount -t msdos -o -G,ro /dev/wd0e /mnt2

If I run that mount command on current kernel, it will display error message
about lost interrupts:
http://koti.welho.com/tmakinen/atari/mount.jpg

It seems that after using mount with -G option current kernel is little bit
flaky, it panicked two times. Here's screenshot when tried some key
combinations to interrupt mount:
http://koti.welho.com/tmakinen/atari/panic3.jpg

Interesting thing is that NetBSD 3 based kernel mounts nicely with -G option,
so there is something odd going on current kernel ... :)

-Tuomo