Re: scsi freezing problem with NetBSD current

From the install doc (http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-4.0.1/atari/INSTALL.html):

--- snip ---
When you didn't copy the installer to swap, need to use the RAMdisk, so remove the GEMDOS kernel boot floppy from the drive if present and insert the NetBSD install floppy 1. Now enter the name of the boot device depending on the floppy type you have inserted. Use:

* md0a for the old installer (1MB filesystem) on 720KB floppy's.

* md1a for the sysinst installer on 720KB floppy's.

* md2a for the sysinst installer on 1.44MB floppy's.

The kernel will load the install file system into RAMdisk. While the kernel is loading, it will show a `.' for each track loaded. After loading 80 tracks, it will ask you to insert the next floppy. At this time, insert the NetBSD install floppy 2 and press any key. The kernel continues loading another 40 tracks before it continues to boot.
--- snip ---

The sysinst image is on a single 1.44MB disk image. Now I'm wondering if I could split the file and write it out to two 720KB floppies, just to try md1a.

David Ross
dross%pobox.com@localhost

----- Original Message ----- From: "T. Makinen" <tjamaloo%gmail.com@localhost>