Subject: Re: Atari installation
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Slegg <peterslegg@scubadivers.co.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 02/16/2003 13:07:11
On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 22:36:50 , Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 09:06:28PM +0000, Julian Coleman wrote:

> And there is a catch here... The tools to decompress and to write the floppy
> should shave been in the /misc directory :-| The best advise here is
> probably to use the gzip.ttp and  rawwrite.ttp.gz from the 1.5 release.
> You cannot use loadbsd from 1.5!!
>
> Leo.

Hi,

Thanks Leo.

I now have the rawwrite.ttp from 1.5 so I formatted a couple of 1.44 Mb
floppies and unpacked the milan_pci gz archive. Next I dragged
milan_pciboot.fs onto rawwrite.ttp (this is GEM after all) a console
opens and it says ": Format error".

It must have written something to the floppy because the disk is corrupted
and I have to reformat it.

Wouldn't it be easier to put the necessary install files in the distribution
rather than the .fs compressed disk image ?

Also, reading the install docs I can't work out if I need to partition
the HD myself before creating the floppies or whether the installation does
it when I run the stuff on the installation floppy.

Regards,

Peter

Buy your own domain or use 1000 free addresses at http://freeola.com
With free unlimited e-mail, free unlimited web space and free support.