Subject: Re: Atari installation
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.demon.co.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 02/15/2003 21:06:28
> The content of \atari\installation\misc\ is:
>
>   boot.fs.gz
>   hades_boot.fs.gz
>   milan_isa_boot.fs.gz
>   milan_pci_boot.fs.gz
>
> So this is this the stuff that should be in /floppy ?  I was expecting
> to find some sort of installer program. Am I missing something else ?

Yep.  These are the filesystem images (compressed to save space).  First
uncompress them, then use `dd` or `rawwrite.ttp` to put them on floppy.
Then, boot from that floppy.  The installer program is on the floppy.  I
guess the installation document is not clear enough about this.  If you
could suggest better wording, that would be great!

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/