Subject: Re: netbsd on hades 60
To: Olivier VANONI <ovanoni@icor.fr>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 12/09/2002 21:32:36
On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 07:55:28PM -0200, Olivier VANONI wrote:
> Hi everybody.
> Thanks to help from Leo, Now I can install Netbsd 1.4. The last
> thing I see is a '#' prompt and all I can do after this is halt.
> But I don't know any other command to enter at this moment.
> What do I have to do after this ?

Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly what the 1.4 installation looked
like :-/ But I though that the installer clearly mentioned it when it had
successfully ended..

> I installed sets ETC and BASE sets from the CD. Is there some sets
> which allow to use a GUI ?

You mean X-windows? If so, you'll have to install the X11 base+server sets.

> I don't understand the role of fstab. What is this ?

It is the link between the disk devices and the mount points. Try 'man fstab'.

> My HD is partitioned in 4 250 Mb partition. I let the 1st one as
> BGM, the 2nd is NBD, 3rd is SWP and 4th NBD again. Thus I can still
> boot the disk on Gem. What to do if I want to boot NetBsd, not from
> the HD but from a floppy. I red that we can install the bootstrap
> on a floppy. How to do this ? Does this mean that the boot on Netbsd
> can be made from the floppy or first to boot on Gem then launch
> something from the floppy ?

I must admit that I never tried the floppy boot... But why should you
do this? Why not start NetBSD as you did for the installation? The only
difference is the boot device. If you installed on your first IDE disk,
just give it wd0a as a boot device. For SCSI, it should be sd0a.

Leo.