Subject: Installation of NetBsd on an Hades
To: NETBSD Support <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: Olivier VANONI <ovanoni@icor.fr>
List: port-atari
Date: 08/20/2001 20:49:58
Hello.
I meet some problems when trying to install NetBsd 1.4 on my Hades 60.

I have made the boot disk with rawrite.exe and the hades-boot.fs file
( it doesn't work on the Hades so I did it on a PC ). I also have expanded
the hades.gz file. So I think I have all that is necessary to begin.
The "miniroot.fs" file is also ready to work ( I suppose, I can't test
the floppy ).

But my first problem is that the "boot disk", on a 1.4M floppy, doesn't
boot, even if the hard drive is not bootable ( Hddriver uninstalled ).

The hard drive is a 1Go one, dedicated to NetBsd, with a 100 Mo partition
made to have somewhere to store needed files. It is dedicated to NetBsd
so I can erase anything on it.

Can you give me some help about the install procedure. I follow what is
written in "install.txt" but without success.

Thanks in advance.