Subject: Volunteer(s) for ELF porting
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 03/07/2001 14:28:46
As the subject suggests, it would be nice if someone other than me is
going to work on this project.
There is a kind of an 'howto' written by Steve Woodford. Steve also wrote
some docs about how to setup an ELF toolchain. If you want to do some work
on this, let me know and I'll forward the docs.
In the first stage, I think it is wise to keep the boot process (mostly) as
is. This means some munging with objcopy to keep this working. In a later
stage, the Atari port should move to a 3 stage boot sceme. The current 2
stage boot can not grow enough to support ELF and (for VGA consoles) x86
emulation code.

Leo.