Subject: Re: Medusa T40
To: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 08/26/2000 21:14:50
On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 04:08:30PM -0400, maximum entropy wrote:
> >Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 21:46:56 +0200
> >From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
> >
> >On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 05:04:56PM +0200, Matthias Kretschmer wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Does the TT clode Meduas T40 (with ET4000 GFX-Card, ISA, VME, ...) works
> >> with NetBSD/atari?
> >
> >No, it currently does not. I need a volunteer with a Medusa T40 to accomplish
> >this ;-) Currently, the falcon, hades (40+60) and tt030 are supported and
> >I have a Milan I board lying around now that I like to try.
>
> I have a Medusa T40.  Are you looking for a volunteer who can actively
> develop, or just to test things you develop?  I'm afraid a port to a
> mostly-unsupported system I know little about would be far beyond my
> abilities...

I am looking for an active developer. Besides the fact that developing for
a machine you can't directly test your stuff on is a tedious effort, there
is currently far too much on my plate to take extra things.
The big problem with the atari port currently is that there are too few
actual developers. I do basically all kernel stuff on my own. Julian helps
out with some other stuff every now and then (see ahdilabel), Thomas takes
care of the X11 stuff mostly. Dave is helping me out on building the release
(and hopefully some following snapshots). And this is the core of port-atari
currently... I am trying to write down my list of 'current' projects and
some other stuff I like to happen. See if there are takers for some of
them.

Uhm, I see my reply is a bit 'ranting', sorry. It is definitely not
personal, it's my own frustration ;-)

Leo.