Subject: heads up: hdfd.c formatting change
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-atari
Date: 08/24/2000 16:11:46
[I'm not on port-atari, so please be sure to cc: me in responses]

I just made some essentially MI changes to all of the drivers for
pc-style floppy controllers, including the Atari hdfd.c driver. While
I was there, I noticed that the formatting code in fdioctl(), which
was apparantly taken from the i386 version, was missing the actual
call to fdformat() and was falling through to some other code, which
returned zero. I added the code as it appears in the other drivers.

I suspect that floppy formatting with the hdfd driver never worked; it
might now.

I don't know exactly what hardware this affects, not being an Atari
person, but it would be interesting to hear if it was beneficial.

        - Nathan