Subject: Re: Graphic Web browser
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Gerner <thomas@murmel.camelot.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/07/2000 23:06:21
On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 04:15:11PM +0000, JLMeyrial@club-internet.fr wrote:
> I use NetBSD 1.4 on Atari Falcon. I use the X frame Buffer Server and fvwm2.
>
> I am looking for a graphic web browser supporting frames (the most compatible
> with Netscape if possible).
> I use the NetBSD packages: mosaic and mozilla.
>  - But mosaic does not support frames.
>
>  - And Mozilla is running well the first time (no directory .netscape) but when
> I run mozilla another time (with its created directory .netscape), my system
> is frozen (crash?), no mouse and no keyboard can react. And I have to reboot.
> Is anybody having Mozilla running well on atari NetBSD 1.4?

I use mozilla since it is available as a package on all NetBSD versions since
then. It runs well. But I have a Hades 060 with 96MB of memory. I guess your
problems with mozilla are caused by lack of resources.

> Is it possible to open a console or to call ddb when the X server does not react?

You cannot switch from the XServer to a another virtual console, since this is not
supported by the kernel driver. If you have a network connection, e.g. via ppp,
you can try to remote log in. Or you can use a console on a serial port (I don't
know what port is supported, I think ttyB0).

Thomas