Subject: Re: NetBSD on a Medusa
To: None <ab@infra.de>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-atari
Date: 02/19/2000 14:47:35
>Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 19:47:52 +0100
>From: Alexander Bochmann <ab@infra.de>
>
>When I read ET4000 - as I still don't have a Riebl Card to populate the
>VME bus slot on my TT, and the BioNet VME card is unsupported, does enyone
>know, whether a Nova ET4000 is supported? (ET4000W32 ISA Card with VME
>bus bridge stuff).

The Crazy Dots II is supported (et0 at vme0).  I don't know if the
Nova is similar enough that it could work with the same attachment
code.

If you're looking for a network card, I should point out that some
time ago I added driver code supporting the BVME410.  This card is
pretty expensive, but it is still produced and can be purchased new
(as opposed to Riebl, which requires luck to find one used).

If anyone has programming docs for the Bionet VME card, and is willing
to loan the docs to me along with a working card, I'm pretty confident
that I could write a driver for it.

--
entropy