Subject: Re: NetBSD on a Medusa
To: None <fmh@netzero.net>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-atari
Date: 02/13/2000 14:31:20
>From: "Fred Horvat" <fmh@netzero.net>
>Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 21:26:00 -0500
>
>    I may be getting a Medusa with a Tseng ET4000 video card shortly.  I saw
>that the Hades is supported hardware list how about the Medusa is that
>supported to?

I have one too.  It doesn't seem to be supported.  I think the biggest
stumbling block is we don't have support for et4000 on isa bus.  The
DMA port also isn't supported, but IDE drives should be usable.

Every once in a while I think about trying to write the driver to
support the video hardware on this box.  I've looked at it a bit and
it doesn't seem that it would be too hard.  But I don't know if I can
commit the time to get it done :-(.

--
entropy