Subject: Re: IPsec etc.
To: chris_gray <ep71@bcs.org.uk>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 02/08/2000 08:20:41
Hello Chris,

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 09:18:42PM +0000, chris_gray wrote:

> At first the talk was all of ppp-over-ssh, but now it's switched to IPsec
> tunelling, using something calles FreeS/WAN.  (Yes, the L-word is
> involved).
>
> Now for the first option I have a sneaking feeling that
> /usr/pkgsrc/security/ssh-ip-tunnel might be what I need.  For the second
> I a have the feeling that NetBSD can do it standing on its head with its
> hands tied behind its back, but I'm not so sure how ... in 1.5 the IPsec
> is supposed to be folded into GENERIC, but for 1.4 maybe I have to build a
> custom kernel?

Please try this on netbsd-users or netbsd-help, since the answers to the
above questions are pretty much the same for all ports. You also have a
bigger chance for an answer - at least I can't give you one ;-)

If it might help you later on: I am planning to release a new NetBSD/Atari
snapshot within the next week or two.

Leo.