Subject: IPsec etc.
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: chris_gray <ep71@bcs.org.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 02/07/2000 21:18:42
My workplace is in the throes of setting up a VPN, mainly for or office
in the states but those of us who can't bear to be separated from our
work for even one night will get the chance to join in too. ;>

At first the talk was all of ppp-over-ssh, but now it's switched to IPsec
tunelling, using something calles FreeS/WAN.  (Yes, the L-word is
involved).

Now for the first option I have a sneaking feeling that
/usr/pkgsrc/security/ssh-ip-tunnel might be what I need.  For the second
I a have the feeling that NetBSD can do it standing on its head with its
hands tied behind its back, but I'm not so sure how ... in 1.5 the IPsec
is supposed to be folded into GENERIC, but for 1.4 maybe I have to build a
custom kernel?

BTW we're talking about an AtariTT connected to a Cisco 2500 using ppp
over ser02 (would pay cash for a working Riebel 8-0).

--
	Chris Gray	chris_gray@bcs.org.uk