Subject: Re: plip
To: Michael Prechtl <Michael.Prechtl@t-online.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/01/1999 09:22:33
On Sat, Oct 30, 1999 at 05:29:38PM +0200, Michael Prechtl wrote:
[ ... ]
> So my questions are:
>
> 1) Is there some flavour of PLIP around for NetBSD Atari ? I didnīt find
> a hint in the documentation.

There is no PLIP implementation for NetBSD/Atari that I know of. I looked at
it once, but I dropped it. The problem is that (as Martin-Eric also mentions)
the atari hardware is not compatible with the PC-hardware. As far as I
understood, it was not easy to make a PLIP implementation that was compatible
with x86 PC-hardware.

> 2) If there is one, could someone give me a few hints how to get it up
> and running ?

There are various implementations of PLIP in the NetBSD source tree (i386,
pc532 maybe more...). If you know what is considered the right electrical
spec for the Atari, it should not be too hard to get it working.

Leo.