Subject: tseng et4000 registers memory map?
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/18/1999 08:32:57
[ please cc: me as I am not on port-atari ]

I have started on a generic version of pci_tseng.c and friends, but the
card still isn't displaying anything and I am beginning to suspect that
it is because I can't find a good description of how the card's 16 meg
PCI address space is laid out.

The atari code is full of mempory mapping and hardcoded numbers, and is
very confusing to read. So far my best guess is that the VGA IO shows up
at 0003c0-0003df or thereabouts, and the text screen shows up at 0a0000.
This would all be inside the 16 meg region specified by PCI configuration
register 0x10 for the card.

Many hours of web searching, reading atari and xfree86 source, and so on
haven't enlightened me any. Does anyone have a databook that could reveal
the necessary offsets?

Thanks...

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com