Subject: RE: ATARITT
To: Eddy Morfan <eddy.morfan@inovia.fr>
From: Martin-Eric Racine <q-funk@pp.fishpool.fi>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/07/1999 13:04:42
> > no one is able to tell me how I can figure out the type of floppy drive
> > present (without writing to diskettes that is ;-) If you have a hint in=
=20
>=20
> AFAIR there is a location in TT hardware registers adress space where you=
=20
> can read dip switches settings.

It is a documented feature of BIOS (or XBIOS, not sure off-hand)
to report the size of the largest drive found.  This means that,
if you have 1.44M on A and 720K on B, 1.44 will be reported. The
Atari Compendium tells this in the memory map listing too, AFAIR,
not just the BIOS/XBIOS section.

--=20
Martin-=C9ric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk=20