Subject: Re: ATARITT
To: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zippo.unna.ping.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/07/1999 08:27:37
On Mon 06 Sep 1999, Jan-Hinrich Fessel wrote:

> Hej!
> I have some problems with the ATARITT 1.4.1 kernel.
> It boots fine, but fails to detect the VME bus.  OK, that's because it is not
> configured in.  Why that?

I'm not sure if it should be configured by default. That would make it
GENERIC_ATARITT. It should at least be mentioned. On a slightly related issue:
I saw that FPU_EMULATE is defined by default in the ATARITT config. I wonder
if there were really TT's sold without the 68882.

> It also fails to detect the correct floppy type, I have a 1.44 drive
> installed, it detects only a 720k drive.  This is a standard developer TT from
> Atari.  Is there something special about the floppies?

Ah, yes ;-) This question pops up every now and then. The big problem is that
no one is able to tell me how I can figure out the type of floppy drive
present (without writing to diskettes that is ;-) If you have a hint in that
area, please let me know!

> And, while the machine boots fine using the ATARITT kernel that was booted
> from floppy and installbooted on sd0, the loader can't finish loading kernels
> larger than ATARITT.  Should I installboot a GENERIC.MAXBLOAT kernel and this
> problem is gone, or is there some other magic involved, esp. the size of the
> TT-RAM (2MB)?

What is the exact message? What is your RAM configuration?

Leo.